Thursday, June 13, 2019

A couple of hands go my way, and I’m now at 15,500.

The first one was interesting.  I was in the big blind, and got called by two players.  My hand was awful - J6 - but no one raised so I got to play it.  The flop was KQ6, so I have bottom pair.  I bet 400 and the guy to my right - a pleasant man with an indecipherable accent - calls.  The turn card is a 9.  I check to see what the guy is going to do.  He bets 600 and I make a quick call.  The river is a blank, and I bet 1200.  Later, the guy to my right tells me that my snap check-call made the difference, and he folds.

Still not sure what his accent is ...
________________________

Flopped a flush with Q3d.  Got into a hand with the same guy.  Checked the flop.  Then bet 400 on the turn.  Scare card on the river - another diamond which would give the guy a better flush if he has a king or ace of diamonds, but he didn’t because he folded to my 800.

16,100.  Climbing back out of my hole.
_________________________

Q 10 comes up - my favorite hand.  Don’t know why, but I never lose with it.  I have to play it.  So I do - smooth call 200.  The flop is nothing helpful - a king on the board, no queen or ten.  So I bet anyway because it’s Q 10 and I never lose.  Across the table, a guy doesn’t believe me and call my 600 bet.  Turn doesn’t help - it’s an ace.  So I smile and say “Check.”  And there’s something about how I say it that makes the guy not bet.  The river is a 10!  So I bet again - 1200.  The guy looks at me for awhile, then calls.  When I announce my pair of tens, he throws his cards in the muck and starts replaying the hand in his head, trying to figure out how it went wrong.

17,800.  Will be back to my starting stack before long.
__________________

Break time!


No comments:

Post a Comment