Saturday, June 15, 2019

OK - so Shiva the Destroyer worked his magic for 80 percent of the day, then went home to be replaced by Dexter the Self-Immolating Donkey.  Remember him?  He ended every episode by driving his Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud into a volcano, while firing an M10 bazooka up his nose.

That’s kind of how my day ended yesterday.  Sitting on around 600,000 chips, I could have just rode out the rest of the day and ended up in the top 100 with 252 players left.  Instead, I played too loose, fired my bazooka at a guy who was impervious to pain (and good sense) and lost more than two-thirds of my stack.  It was also the first time that I felt like the worst player at the table.

I’m not a bad player - I think I got tired, lost my focus, and talked myself into decisions that I would not have made earlier in the day.  So, now I have 120,000 chips and will have to bet 40,000 of them every ten hands.  That’s tough - it means I can’t wait too long, or my chips will just get blinded away (i.e., disappear).

Some good news: there are no giant stacks at my new table (Orange 481, scroll down here to see the table assignments and their stacks), and I am in Seat 9, which means I don’t have to post the 32,000 big blind/ante bet for eight hands.  If I find a good hand early, I can shove with my full stack.  Also, there’s actually a smaller stack than me at the table (poor Sean Kane).

Anyway, I was a little blue last night, but I’m feeling better this morning.  I got up and did a full workout (hi, Art!), and am ready to fight the good fight.  I might not feel like Shiva this morning, but I might be able to get in touch with my inner Larry the Lobster.

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment