Saturday, June 15, 2019

I’m sorry I haven’t written sooner.  (Isn’t that how every late letter starts?). But it’s true - if you’ve been following this live blog this far, you want to know how the story ends, don’t you?  And I’m very sorry that I’ve been remiss in my responsibilities to you, my investors.

But here’s the consolation prize - by dint of good luck, IMMENSE poker skill, and an iron butt capable of playing poker for hours, we won $3738 (after a $20 tip into the dealer pool).  This means that if you invested $5.00, you’ve won $18.70 - a 374 percent return on a two-week investment.  Congratulations!

This morning went about as expected.  I played two hands:  66, which got me the blinds and a limper; and AQ, which went down to KK.  I lasted long enough, however, to make another $500 more in my payout - a good morning’s work by any measure.

So, I went to the cage, collected my winner’s card and my money.  My friends Rick and Doug took a nice picture of me, then we went to get chicken and waffles at Hash House A Go Go.  Glenn and Bert bought me lunch (thanks, B & G!). Pictures below. (Note the change in attire - after last night’s idiocy, I had enough of the black suit.)  I then entered the 1:00 p.m. $250 deepstack, and am crushing it too.  But that’s a story for another day...

See you back in Houston!





No comments:

Post a Comment