Friday, June 14, 2019

Day 2 - up at 8:00 (10:00 CST).  For all the stress of yesterday - long workout, 13 hours of poker, three Cosmos, poor diet - I felt pretty good.  I had a pancake and a Diet Coke for breakfast.  That’s what passes for comfort food for me at this place.

Going into this morning, I am 26th overall in chip count out of 5917 total entrants.  The plan is to take advantage of small stacks, and avoid large stacks like the plague.
__________________

Okay, my seat is at White 111.  I am the chip leader here, but there are some large stacks.  Players seem nice.  The guy to my right asks me, not unkindly, if I’m going to a funeral.  He’s got a small stack, and I get the sense that he is trying to curry favor with me.  It won’t work - I am Shiva the Destroyer this week.



_____________________

It’s been almost two hours and I keep getting great hands.  I am now at 300K, and have knocked out four players.  I’ve had KK three times, AK twice, and JJ once.  Here’s what a big stack looks like...

I have not made a mistake this morning.  I am Shiva the Destroyer.  Godzilla laying waste to Tokyo.  Beware the Giant Stack!








No comments:

Post a Comment