Thursday, June 13, 2019

Well, I’m up at 7:00 local time - mostly a good night sleep.

Bert came in late, after playing poker at the cash (non-tournament) tables here at the Rio.  Apparently, our poker buddy Gary won a tasty $700 in about 90 minutes playing at the $1/2 table.  To give you some context, this is a table where the minimum bet is $2, and the maximum bet is everything you’ve got in front of you.  Imagine:

Gary   “I bet $2.”

Idiot    “I raise you to - how much you got there? - $300.

Gary  (thinking) “I call.  I have aces.  What you got?”

Idiot  “Dang it.  I was bluffing.”

Gary  “You bet $300 to try to win my $2?”

Idiot  “It seemed like a good idea at the time.”

(This did not actually happen, BUT IT COULD HAVE.)

Anyway, I worked out this morning in the hotel gym.  Cards fly in an hour!




No comments:

Post a Comment